The ICEC-PAQS 2018 Conference is calling for submissions for both industry and academic presentations for the upcoming conference. All abstracts must be submitted online via the Speakers portal below. Please ensure you read all information on this page prior to submitting your abstract.
Types of Submissions
We are seeking abstracts for two types of submissions that will provoke debate, stimulate discussion, offer new ideas, learning and/or encourage the dissemination of research findings.
1. Technical Presentations
Technical presentations are encouraged from industry professionals on current and future projects, methodologies and technologies. For this category, an extended abstract needs to be submitted after the abstract acceptance, for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
2. Academic Paper Presentations
Academic Paper Presentations should be based on research outcomes and developments. For this category, a full paper needs to be submitted after the abstract acceptance, for inclusion in the conference proceedings. All full papers will be double-blind peer reviewed.
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Monday 30 April 2018
Abstract Acceptance Notification:
Week Commencing Monday 18 June 2018
Academic Paper Submission Deadline:
Monday 16 July 2018
Notification of Review Comments:
Week Commencing Monday 24 August 2018
Final Academic Paper / Technical Extended Abstract Deadline:
Monday 17 September 2018
Deadline for authors to be registered for the conference:
Monday 17 September 2018
Papers & Extended Abstracts available to conference registrants:
Early November 2018
Conference Program Themes
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Project Controls/Cost Management
- Law & Contracts
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Smart Cities/Smart Infrastructure
- Building Resilience/Post Disaster Reconstruction
- Human Resource Management
- Innovation in Construction
Suitable submissions not covered by the above themes may also be considered.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The maximum word count is 300 words (excluding title, authors/affiliations and keywords)
- Abstracts must be submitted in accordance to the abstract template
- The submission should be an original work and has not been published or submitted for consideration of publication.
- We accept more than one abstract/paper submissions from an author, but a registrant can only present up to two papers at the conference.
- At least one author is required to register with the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee by the registration deadline in order to be included in the conference proceedings.
- The decision to accept an abstract is at the discretion of the Program Committee
Speakers Portal Instructions
- STEP 1: Submitting Author/Main Contact to set up a conference account
- STEP 2: Log-in to the Speakers Portal using your conference account.
- STEP 2: Submit your abstract by clicking New Submission
When submitting your abstract, you will be asked to include or indicate the following:
- Presentation Title (this will be used for printing in the final program)
- Select your abstract type (Technical/Academic)
- Select the appropriate conference program theme
- Upload your abstract in Microsoft Word format (utilising the abstract template)
- All the authors’ names and affiliations must be included and listed in the order they wish
- to appear in the text